Small scale exploratory work
The maximum small scale allocations for compute and storage resources are 20 000 CPU-hours or 5 TB, respectively.
SSEW for HPC is currently only available on machines Fram and Saga, where each user is granted 500 GB of storage space.
Access to SSEW is granted for 3 months. Needs that go beyond this requires an ordinary project. Information about applications for such a project can be found here.
Please note that access to the project and storage space is removed after the SSEW access expiry, so make sure to move your files out before the expiry date.
Who can get access?
- Researchers holding a permanent position or being a postdoctoral fellow at his/her organization can apply for an SSEW, as for ordinary applications.
In addition, the following can also apply:
- Master students
- PhD students affiliated with a Norwegian university or college
- Guest researchers affiliated with a Norwegian university or college
- Industry users may apply for test access
Researchers who are already connected to an HPC or NIRD project cannot apply for SSEW access for the respective service.
How to apply for SSEW?
The application tool is not available for small scale applications. SSEW allocations are only granted on the basis of a simplified free-text application by e-mail to email@example.com describing:
- Anticipated resource needs (Maximum 20 000 CPU-hours or 5 TB storage)
- If HPC, average core count, memory requirements and if you need GPU.
- Software needs
- Expected duration
Important information about the SSEW service
Please note that it is not possible to extend the quota or duration of the SSEW access.
Users that require continued access to the infrastructure needs to get access to an ordinary project. You may find more information about ordinary national projects here.
In additon, access to the project and storage space is removed after SSEW access expiry. Hence it is important to move out any data you want to keep prior to the expiry date.
By submitting a request to use SSEW you agree that any files left in the SSEW project after access expiry may be deleted without further notice.