How to change passwords
This page explains the process of changing or setting a new password for the compute or storage resources.
It is relevant for any of the following cases:
- You are a new user and just received a temporary password by SMS. This has to be changed within 7 days before trying to access the resource.
- You received an e-mail from Sigma2 stating that your password is about to expire, and you need to change it.
- You already have a password, but simply want to change it.
Password changes are not instant
Please note that you have to wait until your new password is synchronized to the resource before trying to log in. See the intervals in the table below.
Changing the password
Go to the user account maintenance page
- Click "User account" from the top meny
- Click "Change passwords" in the drop down
Authenticate with your user account
- Fill in your username.
- Provide your current password associated with the account.
- If you received a temporary password by SMS, use this here.
- Press the submit button to proceed.
Set a new password
- Provide your old password.
- If you received a temporary password by SMS, use this here
- Fill in your new password (see our password policy)
- Repeat your new password for verification purposes
- Click the submit button