How to change passwords
This page explains the process of changing or setting a new password for the compute or storage resources.
It is relevant for any of the following cases:
- You are a new user and just received a temporary password by SMS. This has to be changed within 7 days before trying to access the resource.
- You received an e-mail from Sigma2 stating that your password is about to expire, and you need to change it.
- You already have a password, but simply want to change it.
Temporary passwords are sent by SMS to the registered phone number. If you are unable to receive SMS, we can send one with a registered letter through the postal service. Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org in such case.
Password changes are not instant
Please note that you have to wait ~15 minutes until your new password is synchronized to the resource before trying to log in.
This apply to all HPC-systems and the storage facility.
Go to the user account maintenance page
- Click "User account" from the top menu
- Click "Change passwords" in the drop down
Authenticate with your user account
- Fill in your username.
- Provide your current password associated with the account.
- If you received a temporary password by SMS, use this here.
- Press the submit button to proceed.
Set a new password
- Provide your old password.
- If you received a temporary password by SMS, use this here
- Fill in your new password (see our password policy)
- Repeat your new password for verification purposes
- Click the submit button