Applications for computing, storage facilities and user support resources for projects are evaluated by a Resource Allocation Committee (RFK). The RFK is composed of leading Norwegian scientists from relevant user groups who are appointed by the Sigma2 board.
The RFK evaluates the proposals and awards access to Sigma2 computing and storage resources twice per year. Proposals for access must demonstrate scientific excellence and the scientific need that the resources requested will be used efficiently.
Sigma2 carries out the administration for the RFK and supports the Committee in the evaluation of the proposals and the allocation of the resources.
Members of the current RFK (-> 2022)
- Alexander Nederbragt, Department of Biosciences, UiO
- Anne Cathrine Elster. Department of Computer Science, NTNU
- Ingve Simonsen, Department of Physics, NTNU
- Lars Ailo Bongo, Department of Computer Science, UiT
- Benjamin Pfeil, Geophysical Institute, UiB
- Øystein Godøy, Norwegian Meteorological Institute
- Kirstin Krüger, Department of Geoscience, UiO
- Marit Sandstad, CICERO
- Ingeborg-Helene Svenum, NTNU/SINTEF